Engineered Hardwood Floors
Engineered hardwood floors can have the same appearance as a solid hardwood floor.
On an engineered hardwood floor the top layer (wear layer) is usually solid hardwood but much thinner than a solid plank of wood flooring. The installation of engineered wood floors is much faster than a solid hardwood floor but it can not be refinished as often, if at all. Most engineered products come pre–finished, which saves time on site as well.
- Time. It takes half the time to arrive at a finished product in comparison to a solid unfinished installation.
- Thickness. Engineered wood floors can be as thin as 3/8” and can go up to ¾”. This allows for flush transitions to another flooring in the home when remodeling.
- Price. Engineered wood floors can be more affordable than a solid wood floor.
- Color and finish selections are limited by the manufacturer
- Colors are often discontinued due to trend changes, making engineered wood floor repairs and replacements difficult.
- A majority of the time, the floor cannot be refinished. Once worn down to bare wood, the engineered floor must be replaced.
- Edges are beveled on most pre-finished hardwood floors due to a very slight unevenness.Specific attention is required when installing engineered hardwood floors in a dry climate. The potential for failure of the floor is greater than with a solid wood floor.
Getting started is easy… simply contact us for a free consultation.
We will meet you either in our Scottsdale showroom or in the comfort of your home to discuss your vision and your flooring needs. We will discuss wood species, hardness, character and color of your new floor. We will discuss the direction to lay your floor, patterns, borders and frames if you so desire.
Once all decisions are made, our experienced craftsmen will install the floor to your exacting standards. All our craftsmen are experts in their field and take great pride in every floor they craft.
Below you will find links to some of our favorite mills product lines. Feel free to browse their collections and be sure to let us know if you would like to see any of the samples physically. We usually have all samples on display and are more than happy to deliver them to your home for your selection.